May 22, 2023
Ready, Set, MOVE!
Did you know that May is National Moving Month? Have you ever thought about how many residences you have called “home” throughout your life? On average, each American will move approximately 11 times during their lifetime. Ready Life is here to share some interesting moving tips, facts, and reasons why ultimately purchasing a home may be the best choice for you!
National Moving Month was declared first in 1997– nearly 30 years ago! May was selected as National Moving Month because it marks the beginning of the busiest period of the year for the real estate and moving industries. With the end of the school year and the beginning of longer, sunny days, summertime is the most popular season for relocating (and often the most expensive time of year to move).
Below are some things to consider when anticipating a move. (Perhaps you are planning to move into your new home once you have qualified for a mortgage through the Ready Pay Mortgage Program!)
Best Time to Move:
- The Winter months are the most affordable time to relocate since demand is low and moving firms’ timetables are more flexible. Rental prices are typically lowest between October and April —especially immediately after the December holiday season.
- Summer is a more favorable season to relocate because of the longer days, warmer weather, and safer driving conditions. Nevertheless, this convenience contributes to summer being the most pricey time to move. Be sure to allocate adequate resources for a Summer move!
Tips for a Successful Move:
- If you need assistance moving, interview multiple moving companies and receive their estimates in writing. Be sure to read online reviews of each company before deciding on one. Don’t forget to calculate a tip into the budget- typically a 20% tip is suitable for movers.
- Agree on the move date between your current location, your future location and your mover.
- Check if your homeowners or renters insurance policy covers your items when moving.
- Start saving all of your packing boxes- Amazon, Chewy, etc.- These boxes are GREAT for moving!
- Consider items to sell before you move- utilize social media marketplaces or yard sales. Don’t move anything you don’t want to keep!
- Make a list of all accounts associated with your current home (electric, cable, security, etc.) and make notation of what needs to be canceled or transferred.
- Notify your local post office of your updated address and moving date.
- Be sure to meet your new neighbors before you move in. They may be the best resources for information.
Benefits of Homeownership:
The benefits of owning your own home are extensive. We have listed just a few of the top reasons below. Ready Life exists to help everyone’s dream of homeownership become a reality.
- Financial Stability
- Access to equity/cash on hand
- Creation of generational wealth
- Tax benefits
- Increased community engagement/after community
Are You Ready?
If you’re Ready to start on the path to homeownership, we invite you to join the Ready Life neighborhood at readylife.com/joinready and get started today. There’s no cost to join! Apply for your Ready Pay digital account (it comes with a Ready Pay Debit Card), use the account for direct deposit, to pay your rent on time, and for everyday spending, and in approximately nine months, you’ll be able to apply for a mortgage without a credit score review. It is that easy! Ready! Join today!
Create a meaningful change for communities everywhere