October 5, 2023
5 Ways to Start Using Ready Pay
- I’ve downloaded and have been approved for Ready Pay, NOW WHAT?
- 1. Fund Your Ready Pay Account
- First things first. Fund your Ready Pay account by linking an existing bank account within the mobile Ready Pay app and transferring money from your existing bank account (checking or savings) to your Ready Pay account. The accounts are connected using Plaid technology. Note: depending on your existing bank, funds may take anywhere from 3-5 business days to appear in your account.
- To link an existing bank account to your Ready Pay account, navigate to the homepage in your Ready Pay app and tap “add money.” From there you can search for your existing bank, make the connection and transfer money to your Ready Pay account. You are ready to spend!
- 2. Get Paid Early
- Who doesn’t like to get paid early? Get paid up to two days early when you set up direct deposit with your employer to your Ready Pay account. This ensures that your account will automatically be funded every month (or more depending on your pay cycles) so you can keep spending.
- To set up direct deposit, navigate to my account page in your Ready Pay app. Locate your account number (you may need to tap the ‘eye’ to view your account number) and routing number and let your employer know you’d like to set up direct deposit. They will likely ask for your account number and routing number as well as if you’d like to allocate all of your paycheck or part of your paycheck to your account when your paycheck comes in.
- 🔥Hot tip: When applying for loans ie. car loans and mortgages, banks appreciating seeing recurring direct deposits to an account as it confirms employment and a regular flow of incoming funds.
- 3. Pay Rent & Other Recurring Bills
- Start spending with your Ready Pay VisaⓇ Debit Card by paying for recurring monthly bills such as rent, utilities, cable and phone. You can pay for bills either by debit card transaction, ACH or even by Venmo and Cash App (be sure to leave a note describing what the payment is for in the Ready Pay app!)
- 4. Pay Friends
- Start exchanging payments by connecting your Ready Pay debit to a peer to peer payment system you already use such as Venmo or Cash app. Transactions facilitated by peer to peer apps typically process faster and therefore money transferred from systems such as Venmo or Cash App will show up in your Ready Pay debit sooner than most transactions.
- To add your Ready Pay debit card to another peer to peer payments system such as Venmo or Cash app, open the outside app, navigate to your profile and tap ‘Add bank card’ or ‘Link bank accounts.’ When paying or transferring money back to Ready Pay make sure to choose 'debit' or select your 'Ready Pay debit card' as the account if you have multiple accounts listed.
- 5. Start spending with Google Wallet & Apple Pay
- Integrate Ready Pay into your everyday life by adding the Ready Pay debit card to your Google or Apple wallet on your mobile device. Your debit card can be added to your wallet like any other credit or debit card, simply just navigate to Google or Apple Pay and tap ‘add card’ then enter your card information.
- Happy Spending!
Create a meaningful change for communities everywhere